Intermediate Business Analyst
Reporting to the Project Manager – Windows 10 SAC Readiness & Sustainment, the FWS Business Analyst – Windows10 SAC Readiness is responsible for:
Core activities (with oversight and document sign-off from Senior team members).
- Support FWS Program Director and PM – Windows 10 SAC Readiness & Sustainment in defining and drafting Windows 10 approach and strategy.
- Support the design, development, documentation and implementation of a Windows 10 framework to support new Microsoft Operating System model, as well as, new processes and enhancements to support effective change management and stakeholder buy-in.
- Support Windows 10 readiness activities including, but not limited to engaging application owners/testers and IMITS application support teams to:
- Understand/document current testing processes, resourcing requirements and time to complete;
- Work with business/clinical/technical applications owners/testers to define risk-based approach to application testing to better enable Windows 10 sustainment (i.e. testing cadence/rigour);
- Define/document testing rigor, application risk profiles (i.e. complex, critical impact, etc.), as well as effort required to support both implementation and sustainment of a 6 and/or 12 month application testing cycle (i.e. Windows 10 SAC);
- Develop use cases, test scripts, relevant application readiness documentation to support Windows 10 readiness;
- Complete assessments and provide recommendations that will be used to help drive the transition to a Windows 10 (inclusive of both the: Long-term Service Channel (LTSC) and Semi Annual Channel (SAC) feature release rollout model.
- Conduct feasibility studies, gap analysis and process mapping (including the identification of linkages) to support future state requirements and recommendations.
- Support IMITS Regional Care Solutions team with Win 10 readiness
- Understand/document current state application testing
- Support transition to future state “risk-based” application testing to align with Windows 10 sustainment requirements.
- Document future state standard operating procedures and swim lane processes to support training and transition to sustainment.
- Draft reports, briefing notes, and other supportive documentation for higher level management, including documentation to support Windows 10 governance (i.e. readiness and/or sustainment).
- Stakeholder meeting facilitation (incl. of agenda, minutes, other meeting materials).
- Provide issue escalation and resolution.Translate user clinical/business requirements into technical requirements for the Windows 10 technical solutioning teams (as required).
- Contribute to business engagement and status meetings.
- Contribute to project status, actions and issues/risk management activities.
- Liaises and coordinates with other project streams leads and associated stakeholders to ensure alignment.
- Contribute subject matter expertise to future iterations of the FWS business case.
- Maintains effective and regular communication with all stakeholders (i.e. Site Sponsors, Application Owners/Support teams IMITS Communications, Clinical/Change teams, FWS Project Director, FWS Technical teams, Workspace Technology Services team and other project streams) on all related matters.
- Provides support to the FWS Program Director (e.g. strategy, plan, schedule, reporting and risk/issues) to ensure FWS’s ability meet required timelines and deliverables, as well as issue escalation and resolution.
- Work cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes.
- Work in collaboration with FWS business/clinical readiness team, FWS technical solutioning team and Workplace Technology & Services (WTS) sustainment team to integrate and align planning, solutioning and readiness activities for Windows 10 LTSC/SAC implementation.
- Other BA duties as required.
- A recommended application testing risk-based approach, methodology and associated application risk profiles.
- Use cases to determine appropriate usage of Windows 10 SAC and/or LTSC along with user and pilot groups.
- Testing and deployment plans, plus recommended schedules in support of Windows 10 readiness and sustainment requirements.
- Contribute to a governance framework to support Windows 10 readiness and sustainment requirements.
- Feasibility studies, gap analyses and current state process mapping
- Future state standard operating procedures and swim lane processes to support training and transition to sustainment.
- Assessment outcomes, workflow analysis and documentation highlighting recommended changes and tools (i.e. software) required to implement Windows10 LTSC/SAC successfully organizational-wide; including: testing and deployment model(s) capable of supporting up to 1000+ business and clinical applications.
- User requirements, test cases, etc. to support Windows 10 LTSC/SAC model.
- Other reports, training/communication materials as directed.
Specific Qualifications or Experience Required:
Critical skills include:
- Clear understanding of the Windows Semi Annual Change (SAC) and how it relates to Long Term Servicing Channel (LTSC), understanding key differences between the two.
- Familiarity and understanding of application testing and user acceptance testing processes.
- Process Oriented.
- Intermediate business analysis skills and experience in business/clinical processes development and re-engineering.
- Experience with business process mapping (BPM) concepts and tools. Experience using ProMapp would be considered an asset.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Prior experience with Change Management, Modeling and Requirements Management techniques and tools would be ideal.
- Analytical and broad-based technical knowledge/skills; with ability to think through details and tactics without losing sight of overall strategic goals.
- Intermediate-level business documentation/ writing skills within an IT focused project.
- Client engagement / interpersonal skills and ability to effectively facilitate discussions with a diverse group of stakeholders, users, etc.
- Demonstrated successful experience working on a technical implementation project; health care experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience working within PHSA and with BC Health Authorities is highly preferred.
- Ability to describe technical outcome and benefits in layman terms.
- Ability to extract information and knowledge from complex sources.
- Understanding of how to interpret customer business and clinical needs.
- Intermediate-level ability to translate and express clinical, process and technical problems using business terms.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment – proven organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Excellent proficiency with MS Office toolsets (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including business and technical writing skills.
If you believe you would be the right fit, and you are a motivated team player and want to work with a dynamic group of professionals, please send your resume in confidence.
This is a contract position and compensation will be based on qualification. Please provide resumes, cover letters, and salary expectations quoting:
Int. Business Analyst – 1122.
Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Applicant must be eligible to work in Canada.