Programmer / Analyst
Our client in Richmond is looking for a Programmer/Analyst.
Design, develop and debug software using OpenEdge Progress. Perform routine database administration tasks in an OpenEdge environment. Report development using COGNOS BI.
- Develop and maintain software for corporate wide OpenEdge Progress systems.
- Develop custom reports for packaged as well as custom application software.
- Perform routine DBA tasks in OE environment.
- Develop and maintain solutions using COGNOS BI analytics suite.
- Assist to ensure that all application systems functionality is used appropriately and consistently throughout the organization.
- Assist to ensure that latent application software defects are identified and promptly corrected.
- Provide application support for corporate users on an ad hoc basis.
- Work with external resources in the development and implementation of new packaged / custom application software.
- Other duties of a minor nature related to the above which do not affect the value of the job.
Professional Requirements and Qualifications:
- Computer Science degree or equivalent.
- 3 – 5 years of systems development / implementation experience in an Open Systems Environment, using Relational Databases and 4GL / Object Oriented programming languages.
- In depth knowledge of the Open Edge Progress Application Development Environment (Character and Graphical environments).
- Familiar with database administration tasks in an OpenEdge environment.
- Working knowledge of COGNOS BI analytics suite; developing reports, dashboards, data warehouse design and dimensional modeling.
- Experience with ERP systems an asset, preferably QAD
- Experience with EDI systems an asset.
- Strong business acumen.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Customer oriented team player with strong work ethic.
If you believe you would be the right fit, and you are a motivated team player and want to work with a dynamic group of professionals, please send your resume in confidence.
This is a FULL TIME position and compensation will be based on qualification. Please provide resumes, cover letters, and salary expectations quoting:
Programmer / Analyst – 1123.
Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Note: Applicant must be eligible to work in Canada.