This position is responsible to supervise the site QC lab technicians and activities that ensure product quality conformance of incoming materials, work in process (WIP) and finished packaged products. Scope of positions includes supervision of both QC lab technicians and daily QC lab activities that monitor quality conformance.
- Selection, training and monitoring of QC lab technicians to ensure tasks are being performed in accordance with documented procedures and written specifications.
- Oversee daily QC lab activities that monitor quality conformance for raw materials, WIP (mixes), and finished product.
- Review daily mixing /receiving schedules with operation supervisors to assure priority testing requirements are fulfilled; monitor scheduling of QC technician coverage to support same.
- Maintain documentation related to product integrity, including batch sheets, product specifications, certificates of analysis.
- Coordinate necessary outside lab and service testing (for equipment calibration, micro testing, etc.)
- Coordinate purchase of lab supplies.
- Coordinate sampleing and submission of customer samples, samples for 3rd party testing (customer, outside labs, etc)
- Develop and implement policies and procedures relating to safe operation of lab equipment, lab testing techniques and product testing requirements. Maintain specification books and updates.
- Ensure department operates in accordance to both good manufacturing practices (GMP’s) and good laboratory practices (GLP’s).
- Provide required training to QC lab personnel; monitor and evaluate both competency and performance of staff.
- Responsible for hold/release program, based on testing results. Review quality issues and concerns with applicable department(s). Monitor corrective action log for ingredient and WIP materials under hold status.
- Work with Kosher Coordinator to ensure Kosher status is properly maintained for all raw ingredients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Expertise in Good Laboratory Practices.
- Detail-oriented, highly accurate.
- Organized: plan and execute required tasks with minimum supervision.
- Able to effectively manage lab time and successfully deal with multiple issues and changing priorities within a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong oral/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong presentation and training skills.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Associate degree in a scientific or technical field.
- 3-5 years working experience in a quality control lab for a food or pharmaceutical manufacturing plant.
- Previous supervisory experience or demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills.
Salary range: 45K – 50K / year
Quote Supervisor AR job 871 in your cover letter .
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
View other Manufacturing Jobs